I just found out that I get to go to San Francisco in September on a business trip with my little job!!! I’m incredibly astonished, honored, and grateful to have been asked to go. Ever since I found out I’m going, I’ve been deliciously reminded that:
1. I think it is so fun to go to new places – not everyone thinks this, interestingly. I’ve never been to San Fran before; if I only do ONE thing, I’m hoping to get in a run across Golden Gate!
2. I love to anticipate, day-dream about, and plan for things!
So, like any normal person, as soon as my trip was booked, I trotted off to Google to find “the best books set in San Fran.” Then, I trotted off to my local library and checked out a few to read in the weeks before I leave. I went for:
- a semi-classic mystery: The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- a highly-recommended fiction: Tales of the City by Armistead Maupin
- an inspiring memoir: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
Do you, too, read books about where you’re going before/while you go? Are any of these any good?
Leave a Reply