I bought myself a handbag.
I mean a really nice, high-quality leather handbag.
I think that I thought about it for 5 years or more. (In my defense, I also had 2boys in less than two years in that time span, and really didn’t want it to get barfed or pooped or otherwise leaked on.)
And now I love it so much that I told my husband I’m divorcing him and marrying it. OK, just joking, but I love it so much that I most likely will never buy a faux-anything handbag again.
My qualifications were:
- designer or near-designer, but not an advertisement for said designer
- made of high quality leather
- something henna or cognac in color (a classic color which i wear a lot)
- something perfectly medium-sized, not too small, not too big
- something in the $150-$300 range
- a classic design – nothing that would look outdated soon
- something structured enough to stand on its own, but slouchy enough to be dressed down
- something comfortable on my shoulder for all-day shopping – in case that ever happens again in my life!
So, here she is: J.Crew biennial hobo.
I promise she’s even more beautiful in person.